Saturday, April 18, 2009

Oh Brother Dear

Just recently my brother finally asked a girl to a dance. It will be his first date ever. 
He's 21 years old.

That's the kind of person he is. If he's not sure about something, he won't do it. He'll leave it there to either disappear or wait until he's ready to handle it. And he will wait a pretty long time. But still, this is a mark for him. I never thought I would even see the day.

I guess my parents are right. Perhaps I'm a little harsh on my brother. I don't really like him. I love him for sure, he's my brother. But if he wasn't my brother, I wouldn't like him at all. He's a short-tempered, persistent, self-centered, meddling, inconsiderate, aggressive, stubborn, arrogant and just-plain awkward little crab.

Now I'm being a little too harsh. Lately he's gotten better. A LOT better. And with all the bad qualities, he does have his good ones. He is the single most honest and trustworthy person I personally think ever existed. He has God in his heart and thus he wants to get better, hence the recent growth. And he really does care. Sure he'll throw his fits but he will never ever get violent. And even though we have to put up with the fits at first, later on, when he has blown his steam off and has calmed down, he'll realize he was wrong and apologize. He just needs to vent out his frustration first which is a hard trait to live with. So in all honesty, I was and still am very skeptical about whether or not he will ever marry. Not skeptical in him finding a girl to marry, but skeptical about a girl good enough to be able to see past his difficult side and care for him. I won't lie(something he inspired me to do), it's not easy living with my brother. I would know, I lived with him for 16 years. It's a challenge. But I do sincerely hope and pray that he does find a really good girl who is tough enough to deal with him and sweet enough to want to deal with him. He has his flaws but he makes up for them with his qualities. I hope someone other than my mom and me will be able to see that.

1 comment:

  1. i really liked this post christine
    :]
    the love really flows there

    ReplyDelete